Photos of past activities:
Our little group enjoys what we do. Enjoy these photos of some of our past outreach activities.
The Navidad Valley CattleWomen (NVCW) serve Fayette, Lavaca and Colorado counties and are affiliated with the Texas CattleWomen, which is a statewide beef promotion and education organization. NVCW works to support local youth with scholarships and provide quality information on the industry and how to incorporate beef into a healthy diet. Additionally, we work to support the community with targeted outreach projects that include a beefy twist. We do what time and manpower permit to help promote a healthy and positive beef message. All of us are tied to the BEEF industry one way or another, though not all of us own cattle. We are a positive group of ladies and we support the industry we love as well as the communities we live in. Here are just a few things that we have done in the last year:
- Participated in the St. Mark’s Medical Center Health Fairs in La Grange and Schulenburg and in the Grand Re-Opening and Health Fair of Lavaca Medical Center;
- Awarded $7000 Total in 2018 alone in scholarships to students at Flatonia, Schulenburg, Shiner St. Paul, and Weimar high schools as well as promoted the Texas CattleWomen scholarships, But through 2018, we have awarded $46,000 since our beginning.;
- Donated 95 pounds of hamburger to 4 area high school family & consumer science departments for their classroom cooking lessons along w/ recipes & nutrition information to highlight our Ag Day campaign;
- Awarded $110 in Beef Gift Certificates to 3 area 6th graders for the ‘Beef For Father’s Day’ Essay Contest;
- Donated $300 in hamburger to food banks in Schulenburg, Flatonia and Hallettsville to help highlight our Beef For Father’s Day campaign;
- Donated Texas Beef Council goodie bags to the Weimar Lions Club bike ride, the Schulenburg Elementary walk-a-thon, the Schulenburg Library summer reading program, and the Houston BMW Club containing TBC info & season packs;
- Hosted the Fall Meeting of Texas CattleWomen at Jordan Ranch in Schulenburg.
- Participated in the WISD/SISD Healthy High-Healthy Choices program presenting a program on food safety.
- Donated a Beef themed basket to the Boy’s & Girl’s Club Steak & Shake and the Texas CattleWomen’s Steak Dinner fundraisers.
- Held our First Annual 5K Ranch Run in conjunction with our 10th Annual Cow Patty Bingo to raise much needed scholarship funds. Had 125 runners and walkers that participated.
- Held our Second Annual 5K Ranch Run to raise much needed scholarship funds.